I can’t give you everything I want to; but that’s okay, because you can’t give me everything I need.
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Cheers to being back in school!
I feel like I should apologize for the significant lack of posting this summer, however, I don’t think I will. I’m happy that I took the time off; I’d like to hope that you are all happy that I didn’t post something just to post something for you.
I was also quite surprised to return to see two “Beautiful Blogger Award” nomination things waiting for me! I’d like to thank Jaimee and Mr. Weissel for nominating me, and I urge you to check out their sites as well.
Apparently there are rules to this game. So, I’ll nominate some of my favourites (in randomized order) to receive the beautiful blogger award as well, and then I tell you seven facts about myself.
http://fortheloveofnike.com/ I really wish I could long-term borrow all of her shoes. And probably her closet as well. *crossing fingers she has big feet like me*
http://brokenlightcollective.wordpress.com/ This is a site that is dedicated to various artists who have struggled with some sort of mental illness and care to document and share their struggles. All I can say is that there are some wonderful artists out there who are much stronger than I could ever be.
http://gaia365.wordpress.com/ His photos keep me in awe. There really isn’t much more to say.
http://ojproctor.wordpress.com/ I love his unique photography perspective. Not going to lie, he probably somewhat changed the way I look through a camera.
http://jdhascup.wordpress.com/ His blog fills me with wanderlust. And he makes me jealous that I am cooped up in a windowless classroom 98% of my day.
http://domesticdivamd.com/ Funny medical stories and there’s food?? Count me in!
I don’t get much time to read other people’s blogs, for some odd reason.
Now for seven facts, and I hope I don’t accidentally repeat any from my birthday facts post.
1. In high school I considered going to college to be a fashion designer. I also considered being a chiropractor.
2. I like to cook/bake in my free time. In fact, I recently made a homemade stuffed crust pepperoni pizza. Gosh, I love pizza.
3. I know I have mentioned this in the past somewhere on here, but I am a coupon-er. Like almost extreme coupon-er. I refuse to pay more than $0.50 for a tube of toothpaste or $1.oo for a bottle of shampoo/conditioner.
4. I wish there were more strong, positive female role models in the world to guide the girls growing up in today’s society. It makes me terribly sad that people look up to Snooki, the Kardashians, and Lindsey Lohan (She’s still around, right?). I want them to know that in the grand scheme of life, it doesn’t matter what colour your hair is, how white your teeth are, or what clothes you are wearing. You don’t need a boyfriend to be happy. You don’t need to put out to be loved. It even doesn’t matter how many facebook friends you have or how many people follow you on twitter or instagram. Spend your time doing things that do matter: helping others, education, and doing things that make you passionate about life.
5. I would like to train for a half marathon, and be ready to run one by this coming summer.
6. I may or may not have impulse purchased 22 new bottles of nail polish less than a week ago. I can hardly contain my excitement for when my packages arrive in the mail! (I have mentioned in the past that I kind of have an addiction. Do they have rehab for this sort of thing? It doesn’t really matter, because I wouldn’t want to go.)
7. Finally! I have been listening to heart sounds on my computer while I study to try learn them for the cardiology portion of my class. I’ve been listening to 10 second clips repeat themselves over and over and over again for around 8 hours a day.
Jeez, that got long! And now back to studying. Cardiovascular infectious disease day. Can’t wait.