It is a big day today. Not only is it the day I am finally getting around to getting my taxes done, but it is also my birthday. The day to officially celebrate getting old.* I am going to give ya’ll a big surprise and share 24 facts about myself, since I just turned 24, that you would maybe not otherwise know about me. I do have to say that I stole this idea (Thanks, Malia!) because I thought it was such a neat idea. So here goes nothing.
*I’ll get back to this thought in a bit, so don’t forget about it!
1. I want to own horses, a few pigs, a few cows, and some chickens when I “grow up”.
2. Big-eyed, boy folk singers sing directly to me. I’m not sure if this one counts as a fact…
3. I don’t like pop. I don’t not like it because it is very unhealthy or has a tendency cause people to be overweight or even that it rots teeth. I just don’t like it.
4. I love wrinkles. I can’t wait to get old and have wrinkles. And I cannot figure out why society is so darn afraid of these lasting impressions of a wonderful life. *This is the reference to celebrating getting old. I wasn’t being sarcastic (for once)!
5. I know that if food is handmade with love, there are no calories included.
6. When I was growing up, I hoped to be six feet tall and have size 11 shoes. I only got one of those.
7. Top 5 favorite smells (5 because I can’t pick 1 as a favorite): The smell of fog, the smell of a match after its lit but before the smoke, the smell of clean cement/bricks on a humid day, vanilla, and either a campfire in the summer or a wood stove in the winter.
8. If I had to choose a career other than medicine, it would most likely be a degree in art.
9. I have a terrible habit of picking out flaws/cliches/wrong facts/dramatic over-acting in movies. I can’t help but get the giggles when they mess up something badly.
10. I have more fingernail polish colors than I would like to admit to. To be fair, I have never paid more than $2 for a bottle though.
11. I am very surprised at how many of you are following my blog. I didn’t exactly expect anyone to want to follow me. (Thanks everyone!)
12. My dream car is a 1969 Mustang Fastback in black. If anyone just so happens to have one laying around, it is my birthday you know.
13. I absolutely, positively cannot live without milk. On average, I drink 2 gallons a week. Yes, it is a problem. One delicious problem.
14. I don’t like eating in restaurants. My best guess as to why: I don’t particularly like eating. I don’t like to watch people eat. I don’t like people watching me eat. And I automatically assume that people don’t like watching me eat.
15. I have considered joining the military on several different occasions.
16. If I have one passionate cause outside of medicine it is in equality of everyone, especially homosexuals.
17. I know that people have too much faith in my future/success.
18. My mom used to make our favourite meals for our birthday. I usually chose her homemade hamburger stroganoff.
19. I cannot wait to buy my first house, my own space.
20. My future dog is a Great Dane. Love.
21. I can be quite terribly indecisive. In all actuality, if I don’t care about the end result/would be satisfied with any option, I would rather have someone who has a defined opinion answer.
22. My favourite movies are Wall-e, Lucky Number Slevin, and I Am Sam.
23. I believe in forgiveness but still have a conscience that tells me I have done wrong. And it scares me to think of all the bad I have done even if it has been forgiven. So I try my best to stay away from bad and wrong. But, I am human, and will be my whole life.
24! I still don’t have my passport. It is quite sad, since I hope to do my fair share of traveling when I have a spare moment in my life.
There you have it.